Chelation Dose Increase Schedule

I’m posting this because it’s a question I get asked fairly often and didn’t want to look this up again! 🙂

For round 1 and 2, I used 8mg DMSA only
For round 3, I added 8mg ALA, but this made him sick to his stomach, so I dropped it down to 4mg.
For round 8, I increased dmsa to 12.5mg and ala to 6.25mg
For round 18, I increased dmsa to 16.7mg and ala to 8.33mg
For round 30, I increased dmsa to 20mg and ala to 10mg
For round 41, I increased dmsa to 25mg and ala to 20mg
For round 42, I increased ala to 25 so I could just hand him a capsule of each to swallow
As of round 74, he’s still taking 25mg ala and 25mg dmsa.

8 Responses to “Chelation Dose Increase Schedule”

1. maya says:

Hi ! How did you decide when to increase the dose? Also what was Nicholas’s weight each time ? Thanks!

I increased the doses when it had been a couple of weeks that we didn’t see any “hit us in the face” kind of progress. He’s been around the same weight the whole time, fluctuating between 64 and 62 pounds.

3. alicia says:

Thanks for this info Michele! you are so very helpful. Do you have an estimate of how much you have spent a month for chelation. Just trying to get all my ducks in a line before I bring my case and plee to chelate before my husband. Any other facts you have that would help persuade him would be so helpful! Thanks, Alicia

Alicia – chelation has been the CHEAPEST intervention yet. Unlike IV chelation, which costs over $100 per IV — I spend maybe $20 a month on chelation — maybe.
    Chelating now and getting to recovery will save you so much in the long run — good luck with your hubby!! Is cost the only reason your husband is hesitant to chelate?

5. alicia says:

Oh, $20 a month is not bad. No he fears it is unsafe. Where do you order DMSA?

Emailing you….

7. alicia says:

Hey Michele, I didn’t get you email.. Sorry if you had a different address. Here is my email: Foreverengagments@gmail.com

Thanks for your help! Yeah for swallowing capsules!

8. Jennifer says:

It’s great to hear all the success you are having with chelation! We started this weekend with 6.25 mg and have not seen any change in behaviors. Do you think maybe we should increase the dosage? Also what made you decide to 3/4 instead of 3/11?