Juicing Veggies for Nicholas

So, I took the plunge today and bought a juicer, well, Santa technically bought it for me – I just went and picked it up. 🙂 Yes, I still believe in Santa. I’ve been reading alot about juicing and the health benefits from juicing raw fruits and vegetables that I really want to give it a try – for all of us, not just Nicholas. However, the number one reason to do this was to get more vegetables into him!

So, off I go to find some good starter recipies – that taste good. Although, with the crappy taste that his supplement drinks have, I think anything remotely palatable would be an improvement.

6 Responses to “Juicing Veggies for Nicholas”

1. maya says:

my all time favorite is carrot orange juice. add a pinch of salt and sugar. so yumm !

i am giving the apple – baby spring mix juice to my son and you can tell that it contains all these greens. its weird at first but then you acquire the taste. Here is the recipe – 1 small/med apple, 1/2 bag trader joe’s baby spring mix and 1 cup unfiltered apple juice. blend all in the juicer.

i am sure you will find lots of cold soups and vegetable juice recipes. there are tons of books on vegetable juice recipes. one of these i need to grab one from the bookstore or library.

Thank you for sharing!!! I have a few books on raw food – I have to start to really dig into them. I’ll post the books I liked so you can take a look. If you find any other recipies which are great, please share them – and I’ll be sure to do the same.

3. SharonM says:

Hi Michele, it’s Sharon from OS. 🙂 We got a juicer for the holidays too. My favorite is 1 pear plus 2 carrots. Yum!

Hi Sharon! Nice to see you!!! I will have to try that one! I tried 3 carrots, 4 celery stalks and 3 apples – that came out pretty good — think it may have needed another apple though. And I got nicholas to drink some of it too!!!!!

5. SharonM says:

I have to give Nate his with a syringe, and he makes a sourpuss face every time!! I’ve been experienting with pears because I’ve heard that yeast doesn’t like the natural sugar in them (blueberries either). I’m totally addicted to juicing, and at least my younger son and DH appreciate it!

I can see how you’re addicted – it is so easy. And I thought this thing would be a pain to clean – and it’s not! thank god for small miracles!!
    And you are right on the pears – it’s just about the only fruit I let Nicholas have all the time.