Started Cytoflora today

Started with 6 drops – we’ll be ramping up to 5 dropperfuls 2x a day. If we see good things from this, we’ll go as high as 5 dropperfuls 2x a day and gauge the best dose for him.

Update – 1/27/2010: After speaking with a friend, I decided to be a little bit quicker at increasing the dose here. Today was his first day of 2 dropperfuls 2x a day. Nothing to report yet – but no negatives either. Also wanted to note that we have not seen any OCD yet either. Other probiotics with strep strains make him OCD within a matter of a day or two.

Update: January 29, 2010, 9:45 am
This is totally totally totally pre-mature – but yesterday, he was talking like no tomorrow. The stuff coming out of his mouth had us looking at each other in utter shock. (This was at 3 dropperfuls which I gave him twice.) Today, we’re doing four twice. We shall see.

Update: February 5, 2010, 4:14 pm
Nicholas is doing great on this! We’re up to 5 dropperfuls 2x a day and we’re seeing more language, he’s more in tune with us and he really just wants to help us with everything. ….and we’re getting WHY questions!!!

Update – 2/12/2010 – We have not seen any OCD from this supplement like we have with other strep-strain probiotics. With other probiotics containing the streptococcus strain, we would see OCD symptoms in about 2 days which would progressively get worse as time went on. We’ve seen nothing like this with Cytoflora.

Update: February 13, 2010
We’ve finished the first bottle of cytoflora and the results speak for themselves. I was able to remove the additional magnesium he was getting and he’s pooping just fine without it. The language boost was definately a good one – definately worth the money in my opinion.

Update: March 8, 2010
About a week ago, I lowered the dose down to 5 dropperfuls once a day and have not lost the gains we made.

Healthy Gut Function – BiorayNaturalDetox.com

CytoFlora™ Study with Children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder

Frequently Asked Questions regarding CytoFlora™ and Gut Function

25 Responses to “Started Cytoflora today”

1. Amy in Idaho says:

Cytoflora is on my list of things to try. I’m anxious to learn about how it helps Nicholas!

Hi Amy! I will definately keep you posted!!

Amy, I updated my post – I dont know if you would get an automatic update or not…
    Anyway, we’re up to 2 dropperfuls 2x a day. No negatives whatsoever. I haven’t seen anything just yet. Also, one thing which was important to me as this does have the strep strain is whether or not this would make Nicholas OCD. On other probiotics which have the streptococcus strain, he would start with OCD tendencies within a few days. As of today, we are not seeing any signs of OCD.

4. Amy in Idaho says:

Thanks for the update! I was a bit concerned about the Strep strain too so that’s great that you’re not seeing any OCD. I was wondering – are you still doing oxytocin? Did you see any good things from it? My son has quite a bit of anxiety so I’m always looking for something to help. BTW, I ordered cytoflora and liverlife yesterday so I’m hoping to get that started soon.

No, I did not continue with oxytocin. (I should update that thread, thanks for the reminder!) – We really was not thrilled with the sprays up the nose. I never saw anything from the 2 or 3 sprays per day, but then heard we could do up to 8 sprays per day. I just *knew* Nicholas was never having that.
    Have you tried L-Theanine for the anxiety? It works great here – I even have family members take it when they’re stressing or anxious.
    I love Liver Life here – it really does help.

6. Amy in Idaho says:

My son gets some L-Theanine but I’m not sure it’s enough. What dosage are you at? My son is 60 pounds (7 years old).

I gave him 1 cap (100mg, I believe) 3x a day. that seemed to do the trick.

*just edited post to reflect 5 dropperfuls 2x a day (not 2).

10. Amy in Idaho says:

That is awesome! I didn’t see your update until today 🙂 So happy that things are progressing in the right direction for Nicholas and for you. Thanks for all the info you provide and I’ll crack open the bottle of cytoflora I have in the cupboard!!

Go for it! Let me know how it goes!!

12. Wendy says:

Love that you are seeing good things on cytoflora too. The cytoflora and the AC chelation seem to be key here too. We are seeing incredible things almost daily! I am going to try upping Chloe’s dose when our new bottle gets inere in a day or two. We are still at 7 droppers once a day on an empty stomach. Keep updating on what you see!

We’re currently at 5 dropperfuls 2x a day. Great results – definately worth the money!!!

14. cmhoward says:

Thank you for your information regarding CytoFlora! I just posted a question on FaceBook today regarding anyone’s experiences with CytoFlora. We are awaiting strep antibodies test results to see if PANDAS may be an issue for our son, who sometimes develops tics after a viral infection (the latest was the flu, not Strep throat). I had wondered whether the streptococcus thermophilus ingredient might be potentially harmful for those kiddos who may have elevated strep antibodies. It sounds like you have had good results with this product; I am glad. I LOVE your website, btw! Great work!! 🙂

15. ttbest says:

Hello all-I’m just reading all the comments on Cytoflora. It is next on our list. My daughter is not autistic but extremely OCD, ADHD, lots of IgG sensitivies and chronic constipation. We’re on NDF Plus and Liver life right now. We also went on oxypowder but with the combination of these three the hyperactivity was insaaaaane. It was impossible to be around and she got in soo much trouble at home and school because the impulsivity with the hyperness was soo hard for her to control. Dropped the Oxypowder and went back to an herb we had her on for constipation. Not wanting to be on this daily but don’t have a choice right now. Can anyone give me more information in regards to the OCD and probiotics. I do not know anything about a connection and yet I’m reading here that there is one. I only have a sample of cytoflora but am wondering if I need to get on that asap. I started liver life at 6 drops/2x a day and now I’m backing down to 2 drops once a day because of the hyperactivity. Not sure if it’s connected though.

I bet the reaction you saw was from the liver life and not the oxypowder. It was a good idea to drop the dose down to where you did – that is some pretty awesome stuff and sometimes 12 drops a day can just be too too much.

Some kids who have OCD react negatively when they come in contact with strep or probiotics which contain a strep strain. We had that problem with other probiotics, but did not with cytoflora.

Have you tried George’s Always Active Aloe Vera Juice for the constipation? If not, give it a shot – taste is close to water, so it’s easy to get them to drink it and it works very well for alot of kids.

17. noopur says:

Hi Nicolas’ mom!Did you give Cytoflora in conjunction with the homeopathic remedy by Pierre?

My ASD son is 5 and half years old …we recently met with Pierre and gave 2nd dose of his remedy. We saw minor/very minor changes and then I stumbled upon Cytoflora and was wondering if I can give while on homeopathy.
    We have NEVER done any supplement or diet or chelation with him. He made good progress with ABA and speech therapy in last few years but now I am getting desperate to boost his progress because his language is still choppy and is very hyperactive with lot of stimming.

He never had any food allergies, no sleep problems, no aggression. Mild temper tantrums and some OCDs but otherwise very happy and intelligent.

Please let me know your thoughts re Cytoflora and homeopathy. Thanks!

18. Adriana says:

Hi , can you please help me my son is on cytoflora the highest recommended dosage is 4 dropperfuls once a day

You did five dropperfuls 2 times a day meaning 10 dropperfuls and you said that Brought on speech just wanting to make sure that wasn’t. Mistake and I can go that high

Currently my son is on 4 dropperfuls and no speech 🙁

Thankyou so much

19. Adriana says:

Are you also using bio Rays cytoflora that is the one I’m using Thankyou

I was, yes.

Yes, that was correct – 5 dropperfulls twice a day is what we were up to back then. I dont know what the recommendation is now or if the formulation has changed, so make sure you check that before increasing your dose.

22. Adriana says:

Hi just wondering you said on the other page DMg brought on speech would you say it was DMg
    Or
    Cytoflora and also can they be used together as one is for methylation one is a probiotic would you suggest that to be ok

Hi – we did quite a bit which helped speech. DMG was something we did before Cytoflora. HBOT also helped him with language. While I dont think there would be a problem with giving both – I would pick one and start with that and increase the dose slowly; don’t start them both at the same time. Ultimately what recovered my son was homeopathy and not all of the supplements, if you haven’t yet looked into that, I would highly recommend it.

24. Adriana says:

Does Nicholas still use DMg how long was he on it for thanks

No, he no longer needs any supplements. I dont remember how long he was on it – but it was very helpful for him!